Ann Arbor Track Club is a volunteer organization. Volunteers are the oil that allows the Club's wheels – big and small – to turn. Here are five good reasons to volunteer:
- Have fun helping others have fun.
- Meet nice people who want to meet you.
- Give back to the Ann Arbor community that gives us plenty.
- Get stuff like free food and beverage; event shirts; and recognition.
- (Your reason here) for doing what you don’t have to do.
Here’s how volunteers help:
- Before events, we plan and organize logistics, volunteers, food, beverage, sponsorships, and advertising.
- At events, we help set-up the event, register participants, help them stay on course, provide food and beverages at aid stations, assist them at the finish line, record times, and clean-up afterwards.
- For our members, we take pictures, write articles, find interesting stuff written by others, and maintain the website.
- On the board of directors and committees, we plan and manage club activities, improve existing events, and develop new ones.
New Volunteer Opportunity: Pacers Needed For 2021 Ann Arbor Marathon/Half/10K:
The Probility Ann Arbor Marathon will be on Sunday, October 24th and celebrate its 10th anniversary of running. Ann Arbor Track Club is again asked to provide a pacer team for this exciting local running event.
Pacers will get free registration to the event (pacer slot) and get the same goodies like a regular registered runner: Race Bib, t-shirt, finish medal etc. To register, go to event website and go through the normal registration process: https://runsignup.com/Race/MI/AnnArbor/TheAnnArborMarathon
The last three categories of race events are specifically created for pacers: (Each slots are indicated by finish time with approximate run pace in parenthesis)
1, "Ann Arbor Track Club Pace Team - Marathon BY INVITATION ONLY" 3:30 (8:00/mi) 3:40 (8:23/mi) 3:50 (8:46/mi) 4:00 (9:09/mi) 4:10 (9:32/mi) 4:20 (9:55/mi) 4:30 (10:18/mi) 4:45 (10:52/mi) 5:00 (11:27/mi)
2, "Ann Arbor Track Club Pace Team - Half-Marathon BY INVITATION ONLY" 1:35 (7:15/mi) 1:45 (8:00/mi) 2:00 (9:09/mi) 2:15 (10:18/mi)
3, "Ann Arbor Track Club Pace Team - 10K - BY INVITATION ONLY" :42 (6:45/mi) :48 (7:43/mi) :54 (8:41/mi) 1:00 (9:39/mi) 1:06 (10:37/mi) 1:12 (11:35/mi)
Pick one of them and you won't have to pay at the end. ($0)
Each pacer slot will allow a maximum of two people to sign up and once that's filled the slots will not be available any more. So please go grab your favorite slot quickly. Two extra notes: 1, This is the first time we use one stop sign up on the race registration site, I will let everyone know once the slots are final. 2, For full marathon pacing, we are thinking about having people run the "back half", meaning you run and pace a half marathon but start with the full marathon pacer at the halfway point.
If you have any questions please contact Jun Zhao at firstname.lastname@example.org.