Ann Arbor Flyers is the youth division of the AATC
Our mission is to provide an athletic environment that can be both competitive and fun. We will instruct and encourage activities in both indoor and outdoor track & field, race walking, and cross-country.
AATC Parent Handbook
AATC Youth Tri-Fold Brochure (being revised)
New Fee Schedule FAQ
2014 All-American Poster
2014-2015 Indoor Season
Indoor season starts Novmber 3rd. We practice every Monday, Wednesday and Thursday from 7:00-8:30pm at the University of Michigan Indoor Track. If you're interested in attending come out and visit us. The first few practices are free and open for you and your young runner to try out and see how you like it. For more information contact Ron Beasley @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Payments for the first half of the season are due Monday November 17
Click on this link here to make your payments using our Membership Form
Payments for the second half of the season are due Thursday February 12
Practice Schedule (7:00-8:30pm)
Mondays at the U of M Indoor Track
Wednesdays at the U of M Indoor Track
Thursdays at U of M Indoor Track
* "HOME-TEAM" athletes (they only train but don't compete) grades 5-under can practice only on Thursdays, unless told otherwise.
* "HOME-TEAM" athletes grades 6-higher and "TRAVEL-TEAM" athletes (they compete in meets) can practice any night of the week.
** Our last practice will be Thursday night March 12
NO PRACTICE FOR ANYONE ON THE FOLLOWING NIGHTS
- Thursday November 27 (Thanksgiving Day holiday)
- Wednesday December 24 (Christmas Eve holiday)
- Thursday December 25 (Christmas Day holiday)
- Wednesday December 31 (New Years Eve holiday)
- Thursday January 1 (New Years Day holiday)
- Thursday January 22 (track meet on the UM Indoor Track)
- Thursday January 29 (track meet on the UM Indoor Track)
2014-2015 AATC Youth Coaching Staff
Joseph (Codgie) Codrington – Head Youth Coach; USATF Certified Coach
Joseph is a former athlete who had a successful career competing in the 800m for his native country of Barbados. Upon completion Codgie was recruited to run for Eastern Michigan University. At EMU he became an All American and graduated with a BA in International Trade. Joseph served as manager of the Barbados Amateur Athletic Association’s National team at the Central American and Caribbean Games. Currently Codgie serves as President and CEO of Codrington Enterprises, a sports marketing agency marketing and managing the careers of professional track and field athletes. He is a registered Authorized Athlete Representative with USATF. He began with AATC in the fall of 2006 as Assistant Youth Coach and now performs as Head Youth Coach. His goal for the AATC youth kids is to develop a sense of purpose and discipline, become physically fit, display good sportsmanship and prepare those who desire an opportunity for college track scholarships. Joseph lives in Ann Arbor and is married with four kids, one a former AATC youth and one currently a member of AATC.
Tim Glenn Harris – Assistant Youth Coach; USATF Certified Coach
Tim is a former track athlete and graduate of U of M Dearborn with a degree in Psychology. He is an employee and twenty five year veteran of the City of Detroit Fire Department. Tim has coached Pop Warner Youth Football for the past four years. For two of those years he unofficially coached AATC until recently he became an official assistant coach. Tim specializes in long jump, overall conditioning and ply metrics. His goal for the AATC kids is to train hard, have fun and when competing do so to the best that they are able. He lives in Belleville, Michigan; is married with four children, three of whom are members of the Track Club. (Has 3 sons that compete for the team)
Derrick Jackson - Distance, Middle-Distance
Derrick was a 9 time MAC Conferance Champion and All-American 800m runner under the legendary Coach, Bob Parks at Eastern Michigan University. As a social worker and police officer Derrick works as the Director Of Community Engagment for the Washtenaw County Sheriff's Office, teaches at EMU in the School of Social Work and dedicates his free time to help coach our young runners. (Has a daughter that competes for the team)
Stacey Jackson - Sprint, Hurdles
Stacey is a native of Kansas where she ran for the National Champion Barton Community College track team before transfering to Eastern Michigan University. While there she ran hurdles and competed in the multi-event heptahlon. Her expertise is in the short sprints, hurdles and sprint technique. (Has a daughter that competes for the team)
Fabian Rollins - Long Sprints, Long-Jump
Fabian ran the 200 and 400 for mid-west track power house, Eastern Michigan University. After numerous conferance championships he went on to compete in the Sydney Australia Olympics for his native Barbados. (Has 3 daughters that compete for the team)
Allison Ludzki -- Distance, Middle-Distance
Allison is a native of Ontario, Canada and was a member of the University of Guelph Track and Cross-Country teams from 2012-14. She was also a member of the Speed River Track & Field Club from 2013-14 where she was a youth track coach for their youth division (the Speed River Xtream Team). Allison moved to Ann Arbor earlier this year and is currently a PhD student in the University of Michigan Kinesiology school.
- Show up to one of our practice sessions and ask for Coach Ron. Have your young runner dressed to practice.
- We allow new families a free 2 week trial period. In that time you and your family can decide if the program is right for you.
- If you decide to join there are two options;
- Recreational/Home Team - Practice once each week and limited competition.
- Travel/Competition Team - Pracice 3 nights each week and compete in meets.
- Fee details can be found on the fee structure FAQ below.
- The club membership dues are paid online with a credit card at: http://www.aa-tc.com/join-now.
For additional details contact Coach Ron
AATC Parent Handbook
Fee Structure FAQ
HOW YOU CAN HELP
We encourage parent involvement. Parents participate on the AATC Youth Committee and volunteer for club events and fundraising. The "Parent Handbook" provides examples of how you can help.
Please direct any questions to AATC Youth Program Director Ron Beasley ( email@example.com ) or call Ron at 734-330-7931.
2014-15 MEET SCHEDULE
Thursday December 18: MITS meet at Eastern Michigan University (Bowen Field House) at 6:30 PM (for kids of all ages)
Saturday December20: MITS meet at Saginaw Valley State University at 9:30 AM (for kids in grades 7-12 -- only 1/4 inch pyramid spike pins allowed in spike shoes)
Friday January 2: MITS meet at University of Michigan at 6 PM
Thursday January 8: MITS meet at Eastern Michigan University (Bowen Field House) at 6:30 PM (for kids of all ages)
Saturday January 10: AAU COACHO Indoor Ice Breaker at Tiffin University (Tiffin, OH) (for kids of all ages)
Friday January 16: MITS meet at University of Michigan at 6 PM (for kids in grades 4-12)
Thursday January 22: MITS meet at University of Michigan at 6 PM (for kids in grades 4-12)
Saturday January 24: USATF Midwest Zone Championships (for kids of all ages)
Thursday January 29: MITS meet at University of Michigan at 6 PM (for kids in grades 4-12)
Saturday January 31: AAU National Championship series mini-meet #1 Eastern Michigan University (Bowen Field House) at 12 PM (kids ages 5-18)
Saturday February 7: USATF-IL Dorothy Dawson Invitational -- University of Illinois Champaign, IL (for kids of all ages)
Friday February 13: MITS meet at University of Michigan at 6 PM (for kids in grades 4-12)
Saturday February 14: AAU National Championship series mini-meet #2 Eastern Michigan University (Bowen Field House) at 12 PM (kids ages 5-18)
Friday February 20: MITS meet at University of Michigan at 6 PM (for kids in grades 4-12)
Saturday February 28: MITS State Championship at Central Michigan University (for kids who qualified at a previous MITS meet)
Saturday February 28: BJT CoachO Midwest Championships at Tiffin University (Tiffin, OH) (for kids of all ages)
Saturday-Sunday March 7-8: AAU 14-under Youth National Championship at Eastern Michigan -- THE CHAMPIONSHIP MEET (kids ages 5-14)
Saturday-Sunday March 14-15: USATF Indoor Championships (for kids of all ages who qualified thru the ZONE meet and high-school age athletes)
* MITS: Michigan Indoor Track Series. A set of indoor track meets primarily for Junior-High and High-School age athletes, with a championship meet at CMU on Saturday February 28. Athletes must meet performance standards at a MITS meet in order to compete in the MITS champtionship meet. The complete set of MITS meets across the State and the performance standards are at www.mitstrack.org
* USATF: USA Track & Field: The governing body of track & field. cross-country, race-walking and long-distance running in the USA. Athletes MUST have a 2015 USATF membership in order to compete in any meet sanctioned by USATF. Contact Ron Beasley for more information on how to obtain USATF memberships for your kids.
* AAU: Amateur Athletic Union: The governing body of Amateur sports for kids ages 18-under in the USA. Athletes MUST have a 2015 AAU membership in order to compete in the AAU State Championship meet on March 7-8 (location to be determined). Contact Ron Beasley for more information on how to obtain AAU memberships for your kids.
* The AAU National Youth Championship meet in March is restricted to athletes born in 2001-2010. There is no requirement to compete in either of the two "mini-meets" that are being held on Janaury 31 or February 14 during the series. Athletes can miss any of those first two (2) meets in the series and still compete in the FINAL meet on March 7-8, as long as they have a 2015 AAU membership AND also born in 2001-2010.
NEW FOR 2014-2015
The new fee structure is here. For more information read the Fee Structure FAQ.
For youth division web site suggestions or updates contact Coach Derrick
Join us on Facebook
Join us on Instagram