Ann Arbor Track Club is a volunteer organization. Volunteers are the oil that allows the Club's wheels – big and small – to turn. Here are five good reasons to volunteer:
- Have fun helping others have fun.
- Meet nice people who want to meet you.
- Give back to the Ann Arbor community that gives us plenty.
- Get stuff like free food and beverage; event shirts; and recognition.
- (Your reason here) for doing what you don’t have to do.
Here’s how volunteers help:
- Before events, we plan and organize logistics, volunteers, food, beverage, sponsorships, and advertising.
- At events, we help set-up the event, register participants, help them stay on course, provide food and beverages at aid stations, assist them at the finish line, record times, and clean-up afterwards.
- For our members, we take pictures, write articles, find interesting stuff written by others, and maintain the website.
- On the board of directors and committees, we plan and manage club activities, improve existing events, and develop new ones.