Karen’s Trail is a project supported by DXA2 2019 (http://dxa2.com/) . It aims to close the gaps in the B2B Trail. When finished, the B2B will be a paved, non-motorized trail that follows the Huron River all the way from its entry into Washtenaw County near Pinckney until its exit into Wayne County near Belleville. See this site for more information about the project and Karen. http://huron-waterloo-pathways.org/karens-trail/
AATC has a Karen’s Trail Team! Join us! Sign up here.
Each team member commits to raising $150 for the cause and receives:
- Invitation to the Karen’s Trail pre and post-race parties
- An exclusive T Shirt for race day
- A Karen’s Trail mug
- Tickets to Taste of Ann Arbor
- Lots of support and motivation from so many other Karen Trail Teams.
Support of Karen’s Trail is a concrete example of one of our strategic goals. Our Vision Statement states that the AATC “will be proactive in engaging with other public and private entities and other running organizations to advocate for the creation of running areas and running-friendly spaces.” Another goal is “effective advocacy and a proactive role in the preservation of the Huron River and adjacent nature areas in the city/county.”
Further Run Sign Up instructions:
1) Select Karen’s Trail as the charity in the drop down menu on the right
2) Complete the rest of the page with your personal information. Your “Individual Fundraiser Name” is your first and last name. You have options to set up a personal fundraising page with a personal message, and to include a photo.
3) Scroll down to the Team Fundraiser heading and click on the drop down menu to select Ann Arbor Track Club. Click on “Set Up Fundraiser.”
Run the River with Us!