The AATC has decided to resume a modified version of outdoor workouts staring Tuesday March 16th.
Workouts will be held on Tuesday evenings at 6:30 pm at the University of Michigan Ferry Field just off of State Street south of Hoover Ave (1150 S. State Street). The 5k style interval workouts are short and intense with the total distance of hard intervals being about 3 miles.
We will take the following precautions to reduce the chance of transmitting COVID.
- Workouts will be limited to 25 people.
- We will use staggered starts (no mass start) and won't run in each other’s slipstreams.
- We will social distance during announcements.
- The University requires all students, staff, faculty, and visitors to wear a face covering that covers the mouth and nose anywhere on UM property with the exception of while a person is engaged in physical activities or recreation in a distanced manner. https://ehs.umich.edu/wp-
content/uploads/2020/07/U-M- Face-Covering-Policy-for- COVID-19.pdf
- We will not provide refreshments.
- Please do not attend the workout if you have COVID symptoms (fever, cough, sore throat, chills, headache, body aches, loss of taste or smell).
Participants warm up on their own before 6:30 pm. Announcements begin at 6:30 pm and then we start the workout.
Workouts are for AATC members but non-members are welcome to take a test drive. We require non-AATC members fill out this check-in form prior to participating in workouts. You do not need to complete the form if you are an AATC member. If you are not sure if you are a member or would like to check your membership status, visit our RunSignUp page).
2021 Outdoor Workout Schedule
|3/16/21||2000m, 1600m, 1200m, 800m, 400m; 400m jog||workouts at Ferry Field|
|3/23/21||3x1600m; 400m jog|
|3/30/21||1600m (400m jog), 2x800m (400m jog), 4x400m (200m jog)|
|4/6/21||1200m, 800m, 400m, 400m, 800m, 1200m; 400m jog after 1200’s and 800’s, 200m jog after 400’s|
|4/13/21||(1200m, 400m jog, 400m, 400m jog)x3|
|4/20/21||The Michigan (short): 1600m, 1200m, 800m, 400m; 800m tempo between intervals on sidewalks|
|4/27/21||4x400m (200m jog), 2x800m (400m jog), 1600m (400m jog)|