The Ann Arbor Track Club (AATC http://aatrackclub.org), a not-for-profit organization founded in 1968, is looking for a Race Director for its signature event: the Dexter-Ann Arbor Run (Dx-A2 http://dxa2.com), a multi-race event founded in 1974 that has become one of the premier road races in Michigan.
The DxA2 Race Director will serve an important role in programming, organizing, and supervising the event across all levels: planning, securing sponsorships and funds, marketing and advertising, membership, community outreach, and parallel programming. The ideal candidate will be a passionate runner, an advocate for fitness, and a proven leader in the organization of grassroots sports events for participants of all levels and ages.
Additionally, the candidate must have significant experience programming, organizing, and supervising a multi-race running event; and considerable skills planning and directing safe, successful, creative, and unique athletic competitions. Finally, the ideal applicant must have strong verbal and written communication skills, high capacity to run complex general operations, successful experience in raising money, and demonstrated effective leadership in community outreach activities. The Dexter-Ann Arbor Race Director will be compensated by a race fee negotiable with the Ann Arbor Track Club Board of Directors.
DxA2 Race Director Responsibilities:
- Develop and submit budget for approval to the AATC Board.
- Establish race course. Plan and supervise course logistics.
- Apply for all necessary permits and insurance coverage.
- Plan and coordinate safety services and logistics with safety public agencies.
- Coordinate volunteer program in support of DxA2 run.
- Develop programming to enhance runner and spectator experiences.
- Develop, implement, and lead a successful branding and marketing plan.
- Supervise the logistics of the event from pre-registration to the post-race activities and celebrations.
- Develop a strategy to identify, approach, and solidify potential sponsors.
- Develop additional fundraising strategies to ensure a financial net gain per direction by the Board.
- Establish successful community partnerships for the benefit of the race and race outcomes.
- Develop and implement a social media strategy to enhance runners’ and spectators’ experiences.
- Develop a long-term strategy to increase participation in key demographic groups and overall revenue from the event.
- Meet the AATC’s financial, social, and community goals.
- Commit to and ensure that the event complies with all safe running-event requirements as established by Road Runners Club of America.
- Commit to financial transparency, including a post-race report to the Ann Arbor Track Club Board.
Please send a cover letter, a vision statement, a curriculum vitae or resume and the names/contact for three professional references to the following:
Javier Pescador, DxA2 Search Committee. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Send your files with the subject line DxA2 RD Application- Your Name.
Application Deadline: Monday August 6th 2018 10 AM Eastern Time