- President, Laurel Park
- Vice-President, J.J. Jankowski
- Secretary, Zach Johnson
- Treasurer, James Edwards
- Members: Sarai Bachman-Shoup, Andrew Schofield, Noelle Sciarini, Martha Siegmund
Ann Arbor Track Club 2019-2021
- The AATC will be a thriving running club that carefully combines its member activities and services to welcome all types of runners, enhancing the participation of beginners, recreational, competitive, and elite runners.
- The AATC will focus on areas that address both immediate and long-term running-related needs of the club by providing a structural format to address such priorities.
- The AATC will be proactive in engaging with other public and private entities and other running organizations to advocate for the creation of running areas and running-friendly spaces, while making sure that access to such facilities is available for all types of runners.
- The AATC will foster the flourishing of all running communities in the area through effective collaboration.
- The AATC should disseminate the mission in the broader community of the multiple benefits of running.
The following core values will be incorporated in all club initiatives, events, and activities.
- inclusiveness and equality
- allowing for choice for personal engagement and self determination
- A flourishing Dexter-Ann Arbor Run with increased participation and revenue
- Programming expansion to meet the needs of the multiple types of runners
- Youth Program sustainability and success
- Continued club access to outdoor and indoor running facilities
- Increased club membership
- Successful partnerships for the betterment of the running communities
- Effective advocacy and a proactive role in the preservation of the Huron River and adjacent nature areas in the city/county
- Buzzing social visibility and public image
- DxA2: Support the new race director to maintain our image as the leading organization in our running community and to raise sufficient revenue to continue to grow the club.
- Youth Division: Understand its successes and challenges and achieve transparency and sustainability in line with AATC priorities.
- Membership: Develop strategies to increase club membership to reflect the club’s lead role in the community.
- Programming: Offer additional running experiences that allow an increased number of members to view AATC as the focal point of their fitness training and running experience with a by-product of social connection and fun.
- Community Outreach: Build partnerships with other organizations to strengthen our running community. Positively impact our city and county parks, nature areas, and sports facilities through advocacy and initiatives with tangible results.
- Communication: Engage deeply with our constituents and the running community through an expanded and targeted online presence, and through a fine-tuned and consistent branding of our mission.
- The AATC track club will form committees which will be under the direction of a board member.
- The committees will serve in an advisory capacity to the larger board.
- Each committee chair will convene a small committee to develop a plan and an effective strategy that incorporates the core values and goals of the organization that leads to tangible results in its area. They are also encouraged to involve non-board club members.
- The committees’ chairs will report monthly to the Board of Directors on both successes and challenges.
- The overall board’s role will be to support the initiatives of the committees, while assuring that they are in alignment with the committee’s purpose and the club’s priorities, values, and goals.
At a Glance
The Ann Arbor Track Club (AATC) promotes fitness, friendship, and fun for all ages through running, walking, and track & field activities:
•Coaching and training
The Ann Arbor Track Club is an all-volunteer organization and 501c3 not-for-profit corporation. Since 1968, we have served our members and community and adapted our mission to meet their evolving needs. Here is the link to GuideStar which has our public financial records. https://www.guidestar.org/Home.aspx
Our members include elite distance and track & field athletes, those who aspire to be, and those who just want to stay fit. Our members also enjoy the opportunities that volunteering offers.